- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 package Taco seasoning mix
- 1 15 oz Ranch Style beans
- 1 package corn chips
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1 lb grated monterey jack cheese
- 1 package or head of lettuce
- 2-3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small can of black olives
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Brown ground beef and onions. Drain.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, taco seasoning mix, and beans. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the meat mixture simmers prep the rice and other ingredients.
- When ground beef mixture is ready begin the taco stack up assembly: rice, crushed chips, lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, ground beef mixture, olives, coconut, and pecans (if desired)
This recipe is so easy to double or triple--it feeds a crowd. Use buffet style for ingredients and your hungry crowd can build their own stack up! BONUS: Homemade Taco Seasoning Mix 2 tsp. chili powder, 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin, 1/2 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. onion powder, 1/4 tsp. dried oregano, 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Mix in a small bowl. Adjust the salt and spices to desired taste if desired. Store in an airtight container. Makes the equivalent of 1 package of taco seasoning mix.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
(Visited 170 times, 1 visits today)